Route for the long run on Saturday. I have tried a different approach to accommodate those who did not like the off road element last week and also to keep the routes varied. A couple of points to cut short if you don’t fancy all of it!
Only two weeks left to test out your kit, trainers and any fuel plans so make them count.
Good Luck Everyone!
11.5 Miles Route Description
1. Head out of Wyndley onto Clifton Road and turn left. Turn left again at the traffic island and into Sutton Park at Town Gate.
2. Bear right past the Toby Carvery and follow road ahead towards the Bistro. Bistro 1 mile.
3. Run past the bistro, across the bridge and turn right then shortly turn left and run out of Hartopp Gate. Turn left and run uphill along Hartopp Road to the T junction at the top with Four Oaks Road. 2 miles.
4. Turn left to traffic lights and left again basically following the perimeter of Sutton Park on Streetly Lane. 3 miles.
5. At the traffic island first exit left onto Thornhill Road. Follow as far as Streetly Gate where you turn left into Sutton Park at 4 miles.
6. Follow the road to Jamboree Memorial. 5 miles.
7. Go past the ice cream van and take right hand fork to the crossroads at the aeroplane hill. 6 miles. Turn left down Spider Hill all the way to the ford.
8. Before the ford turn left towards the Visitor Centre. Opposite Visitor Centre take left past the Donkey Sanctuary (7 miles) then follow the road back to the Jamboree Memorial.
9. Turn left then left again 8 miles. Run along the road back to the crossroads at aeroplane hill. This time turn right down hill towards Longmoor Pool 9 miles.
10. Continue ahead to Banners Gate and exit the park and turn left on Monmouth Drive. Run all the way back along Monmouth Drive, straight over the traffic island.
11. Turn left at the traffic lights onto Somerville Road and back to Wyndley. 11.5 miles
Phew!! Very well done.