Hope you are looking forward to week 1 of our Half Marathon Training. All fit and raring to go! We are starting with 7 miles and here is the route for those of you who like to know where you are going.
If you have questions about half marathon training then please meet me from 8.00am on Saturday morning in SE Fitness HQ. I have information on Training Plans, Nutrition, Kit and Planning for Race Day. Happy to have a chat and answer your questions. Handouts available for after the run.
Non members very welcome (we know those long runs can be lonely on your own)! See you Saturday
Week 1 – 7 Mile Route
- Out of Wyndley turn left on Clifton Road.
- Turn left at roundabout and into park at Town Gate.
- Bear right after playground, past pub, negotiate cattle grid (through gate) then first road on right.
- Follow road for about 1 mile DO NOT EXIT PARK AT GATE but bear left within park (careful traffic here).
- Turn next left and pass large car park for Bistro on your left. Follow road downhill and stay on this road all the way back to cattle grid in 3.
- Keep ahead then take sharp right so that you RUN ALL THE WAY AROUND THE GRASSY TRIANGLE WITH THE TOTEM POLE ON IT. Head uphill through the gate past the car park on your left.
- Through another gate and first right. Follow this road (do not turn off), past Keepers Pool all the way to the top of the hill where you will see the Jamboree Stone. (Over 3 miles done)!
- At the Jamboree Stone RUN AROUND THE TOP OF THE GRASSY TRIANGLE. Pass the Ice Cream van and take the road ahead downhill until you reach crossroads (top of Spider Hill) at around 4 miles.
- For 7 mile route turn right at crossroads. (Alternative 5 mile route: Straight ahead at crossroads. Take next left and follow this road to return to Wyndley) Follow the right-hand road downhill and past Longmoor Pool. Continue all the way to the end of the road and exit the park at the gate (5 miles) taking great care of traffic and steep kerbs.
- Turn sharp left on Monmouth Drive. It is possible to run on the grass verge on the left and this way you do not need to cross the road (recommended).
- Go straight across the roundabout at Stonehouse Lane and continue along Monmouth Drive.
- At the traffic lights turn left onto Somerville Road, return to Wyndley Leisure Centre via footpath and cycle track – do not run across car park.