Time for day 2 of our Fun Run training and it’s 7 miles almost all on GMFR route. You know what that means – Cardiac Hill! Don’t worry, take it steady and you will be fine.
Good Luck everyone and see you on Saturday.
Description of Route
Week 2 – 7 Mile Route
- No need to add anything on this week but please note unusual start!
- Turn right out of track and right onto cycle path.
- At Wyndley Lane turn right into Sutton Park. Cross over the ford on the little bridge.
- Turn left towards Miller and Carter and pick up the GMFR route when you turn right at the gate near there.
- Follow the road to the Jamboree Memorial where you turn right and right again.
- Continue on the road past Keepers Pool, past the donkey sanctuary as per GMFR route and bear left in front of the Visitor Centre.
- Go all the way around the totem pole (like GMFR does) past the Toby Carvery and follow road ahead towards the Bistro.
- At Bistro run across railway bridge and to T junction.
- Turn left and follow the road all the way up Cardiac Hill and out of the park at Four Oaks Gate.
- Turn right on Four Oaks Road to roundabout.
- Continue along Lichfield Road to traffic lights.
- Turn right on Anchorage Road.
- Turn right at T Junction in front of Town Hall and run downhill to roundabout.
- Straight across at the roundabout onto Clifton Road and run along the pavement to Wyndley.
- Recommend turn right into Wyndley on the first footpath and use that and the cycle path to return to SE Fitness HQ at the back of the swimming baths.