2017- 2018 WINNERS
GRAND PRIX GRAND CHAMPION 2018
LOUISE CLARK MARTIN
1st Place LOUISE CLARK MARTIN
Runners Up ARIADNE SYMES and ALISON STEWART
1st Place ADAM PAGE and ANDY PUGH
3rd Place MALCOLM PAYNE
SE FITNESS GRAND PRIX – THE RULES!
The SE Fitness Grand Prix runs from September 2018 to July 2019 and is open to everyone at SE Fitness.
- The Grand Prix events are at the bottom of the page. There are 15 in total to choose from including 5K, 10K and half marathon but only your best 5 count.
- You enter as many as you like, share your times with me via notice board or message and I work out the points.
- 5 points for best time, 4 for second, 3 for third and so on. Women and men calculated separately.
- Look out for the Grand Slam events: Birmingham Half, SE Fitness Time Challenge in Spring and Great Midlands Fun Run. 10 points on Grand Slam events, 9 for second, 8 for third, etc.
- Everyone who sends in a time for an event gets at least 1 point.
- Pick up 5 extra points by running further than ever before. So, for example, if you’ve never raced as far as 10K before get 5 extra points the first time you do it. Likewise for your first half marathon. Let me know it’s your furthest ever race when you send in your time.
- Pick up 2 extra points for a Season’s best. There are a few 5K events, several 10K events and two half marathons in the Grand Prix. If you run two of the same distance in a season and the second one is faster then claim 2 extra points with your time for Season’s Best (SB).
- Pick up 2 extra points for a Personal best. On any event if you run it faster than you ever have before eg it’s your fastest ever 10K or your fastest ever Fun Run claim 2 extra points with your time for Personal Best (PB). You can only claim PB or SB on any one race not both!
- Only current members qualify to win.
- Some races do not have as many SE Fitness entrants as others. These are a great way to pick up points!
- Improving your speed over a season helps to earn points because you can win 2 extra points for a season’s best.
- Look out for Grand Slam events with 10 points available.
SE Fitness will update the Grand Prix points after each race and publish the current standings except for the last races of the season. Winners are announced at the Summer Party!
GRAND PRIX EVENTS 2017 to 2018 (Not all dates yet confirmed)
- Little Aston 5 mile Road Race 2nd September 2018 (www.rscac.co.uk)
- Boldmere Bullets Charity Race or Lichfield 10K. 5K and 10K distance will qualify separately for Grand Prix Points 9th September. I will put times for both races together as if it were one race and work out points from there. http://www.ole-jcracesolutions.co.uk/product-p/bb2016.htm
- Great Birmingham Run Half Marathon or Palma Half Marathon 14th October 2018 (www.greatrun.org) https://www.palmademallorcamarathon.com/ Grand Slam Events 10 Points! I will put times for both races together as if it were one race and work out points from there.
- The Seven Pools Run 10K 21st October 2018 Sutton Park http://www.7poolsrun.org.uk/event-registration/
- ParkRun! Hopefully we will be taking on the new Sutton Park ParkRun this Autumn. We will set a date once it is up and running.
- Fradley 10km Road Race Run March 10 March 2019 www.kpevents.net
- SE Fitness 5km & 10km Time Challenge Friday 15 and Saturday 16 March Grand Slam Event 10 Points!
- 7 Pools 10km Cross Country, Sutton Park 24 March 2019 www.7poolsrun.org.uk
- Sutton Park parkrun Saturday 30 March http://www.parkrun.org.uk/suttonpark/
- Cathedral to Castle 10 mile 7 April 2019 http://www.bookings.c2crun.co.uk/events/cathedral-to-castle-run-2018/
- Lichfield Half Marathon 12 May 2019 www.kpevents.net
- Hill West 10km/4km Cross Country, Sutton Park 19 May 2019 www.hillwest.bham.sch.uks
- Great Midlands Fun Run 8.5 mile 2 June 2019 www.greatmidlandsfunrun.com Grand Slam Event 10 Points!
- Aldridge 10km Road Race 9 June 2019 www.aldridgerunningclub.co.uk
- Shenstone Fun Run 10km, Shenstone 14 July 2019(www.shenstonefunrun.co.uk)
- SE Fitness Summer ParkRun Sutton Park Saturday 20 July 2019 http://www.parkrun.org.uk/suttonpark/
All dates are provisional – some entry forms are also available @ www.runnersworld.co.uk