The SE Fitness Grand Prix runs from September 2017 – July 2018 and is open to all of SE Fitness.
- The Grand Prix events are at the bottom of the page. You enter as many as you like and then you win points depending on your finish time compared to other SE Fitness runners.
- For most events we award 5 points to fastest SE Fitness finishers, 4 points second, 3 points 3rd, 2 points 4th and 1 point for everyone else. Men and Women times and points are separate eg 5 points first SE Fitness Woman, 5 points first SE Fitness Man.
- Everyone gets at least one point and you can also pick up extra points if you run further or faster than you have before (Extra Points).
- Only your Top 5 events count. If you do more than 5 events we will just pick your 5 with the most points.
- To be included in the Grand Prix you have to tell me your time (via email or noticeboard) within 2 weeks of the event. It is your responsibility to enter the events and to provide your time.
- Only current members qualify to win.
GRAND SLAM EVENTS
- For the Grand Slam events there are 10 points available. The Grand Slam are: Great Birmingham Run, Great Midlands Fun Run and our own Time Challenges. For these first Man and Woman 10 points each, 2nd 9 points each and so on 1 point each for all finishers.
- Everyone taking part in the Time Challenges automatically gets Grand Prix points.
- First Timers: If this is your furthest race ever eg your first 10km/ half marathon event then you get 5 points!
- Personal bests: For those who have run faster over a distance than ever before eg if it is your fastest ever 10K. For Personal Bests you earn an additional 2 points!
- Season’s best : Once you have done your first 5km/10km of the season (September – July) any other 5km/10km that you run faster becomes a Season’s best. Seasons best 2 additional points.
- When you provide your time you have to also let me know if you qualify for a PB or SB! (Please note you can’t earn both PB’s and SB’s on one run).
- Some races do not have as many SE Fitness entrants as others. These are a great way to pick up points!
- Improving your speed over a season helps to earn points because you can win 2 extra points for a season’s best.
- Look out for Grand Slam events with 10 points available.
SE Fitness will update the Grand Prix points after each race and publish the current standings except for the last races of the season. Winners are announced at the Summer Social!
GRAND PRIX GRAND CHAMPION – Simon Campbell
1st Place and Grand Champion SIMON CAMPBELL
2nd Place BEN LYONS
3rd Place MIKE FORKER
1st Place LAURA HYLTON
2nd Place ROSIE THOMPSON
3rd Place ALISON STEWART
GRAND PRIX EVENTS 2017 to 2018 (Not all dates yet confirmed)
- Little Aston 5 mile Road Race 3rd September 2017 (www.rscac.co.uk)
- Lichfield 10km Road Race 10th September 2017 on line entries
- Boldmere Bullets Charity Race 5K and 10K distance will qualify separately for Grand Prix Points 17th September. http://www.ole-jcracesolutions.co.uk/product-p/bb2016.htm
- Great Birmingham Run Half Marathon 15th October 2017 (www.greatrun.org) Grand Slam Event 10 Points! Automatic 5 points if you are running the Full Marathon at Birmingham and that’s your first marathon.
- Cinder Path 10K Charity Run 22nd October 2017 Sutton Park http://www.7poolsrun.org.uk/event-registration/
- ParkRun Walsall Arboretum 5K Saturday 25th November http://www.parkrun.org.uk/walsall/
2018 (all dates tbc)
- SE Fitness 5km & 10km Time Challenge March tbc
- Fradley 10km Road Race Run March tbc www.kpevents.net
- 7 Pools 10km Cross Country, Sutton Park March tbc www.7poolsrun.org.uk
- Cathedral to Castle 10 mile Sunday 8th April 2018 http://www.bookings.c2crun.co.uk/events/cathedral-to-castle-run-2018/
- Lichfield Half Marathon May tbc www.kpevents.net
- Hill West 10km/4km Cross Country, Sutton Park May tbc www.hillwest.bham.sch.uk
- Great Midlands Fun Run 8.5 mile June tbc www.greatmidlandsfunrun.com
- Aldridge 10km Road Race June tbc www.aldridgerunningclub.co.uk
- Summer SE Fitness 5km & 10km Time Challenge, Sutton Park June / July tbc.
- Shenstone Fun Run 10km, Shenstone tbc (www.shenstonefunrun.co.uk) July tbc.
All dates are provisional – some entry forms are also available @ www.runnersworld.co.uk