As the nights draw in and our evening groups move onto the roads it need not be all doom and gloom. There’s nothing like pounding the pavements on a bright, crisp night knowing there’s a hot bath and comfort dinner waiting for you at home!
Here’s some reminders for safe running at night
- Wear Hi Viz / bright colours / reflective gear.
- Be aware – kerbs and raised manholes make nasty trip hazards.
- Negotiate stuff on the pavements like bins and parked cars carefully – give each other room.
- Apply road safety. Run facing oncoming traffic. Choose sensible places to cross. Don’t just charge into the road trying to keep up!
- Ditch the headphones – always with SE but even on your own. You won’t hear reversing cars or cyclists.
- Be courteous to other pedestrians.
- Run routes you are familiar with but if on your own not the same route at the same time every time.
- Buddy up – that’s what we’re here for!
Stay Safe SE Fitness xx