The sun’s come out which is great but we’ve had a couple of falls so here’s some important safety reminders:
- The mud has gone and now the paths are hard and stony. Beware!
- The dappled sunlight can cause problems especially if you wear glasses. Slow down especially as you transfer from light to shade.
- The flies are back – use insect repellent. There’s some in SE Fitness HQ which you are welcome to roll on before you head out.
- Hydrate – we lose more fluid when it’s hot so be sure to drink enough water. If you are thirsty during a run you probably are not drinking enough beforehand.
- Protect yourself with sunscreen / a sun hat. Sweat makes you burn more easily!
- Wear breathable running top and short bottoms.
- Andre (Lion King’s) special tip – carry a little towel with you to dab yourself down. Helps if you make it wet with cold water beforehand!
Stay Safe SE Fitness and enjoy this spell of lovely weather we’re having.