Walking is an activity which the majority of the population can do and one that can be used to increase or maintain fitness.
Walking is a low impact activity and , therefore, is unlikely to cause any injuries.
- It’s sociable & fun
- Meet new friends
- You don’t have to be fit to start walking
- Good to be in the fresh air
- No special equipment needed
- Makes you feel good
Health Benefits of walking:
- Prevents Heart Disease & Osteoporosis
- Reduces stress, depression & risk of a stroke
- Improves diabetes & mobility
- Controls blood pressure & body weight
- Develops muscular strength
- Helps arthritis