Saturday 26th March, we will be running a 10 mile route starting from the Holly Bush Inn,WS14 0QA in Little Hay – don’t be put off by the postcode the start is not far from Mere Green. This is our last training run ahead of Cathedral to Castle. Meet 8:30 at the start. The route is out and back along the lanes via Shenstone. As it is an ‘out and back’ route, you are welcome to join us and cut the route short.
Full route description to follow, please check into the regular Saturday WhatsApp groups if you are coming along. The Holly Bush should be open afterwards for post run treats / refuelling! See you there.
- Start Holly Bush Inn car park WS14 0QA. I have checked with the pub we are fine to park there.
- Turn right out of pub car park.
- Turn left onto Park Lane at 0.2 miles.
- At 1.3 miles cross main road in front of Tesco Express carefully (use pedestrian crossing). Go straight ahead onto Churchill road.
- T junction left School Field Road
- T junction right onto St Johns Hill (yes it is a hill and yes it is steep)!
- First left onto Holly Hill
- T junction at 2.3 miles right onto Footherly Road
- 2.75 miles bear left onto Hook Lane
- 3.2 miles bear left onto Wood lane
- **** Around 4 miles turn left onto Forge Lane**** There’s a big tree turn left!
- Run to Little Aston Primary School approx. 5 miles
Turn and retrace steps
- 6 miles T junction right onto Wood Lane
- 7 miles approx. bear right onto Hook Lane
- 7.6 miles bear right onto Footherly Lane
- 8 miles **** turn left onto Holly Hill **** Watch out for right fork to continue on Holly Hill**** This is where we went wrong before.
- 8.6 miles T junction right onto St Johns Hill
- As you go downhill turn left onto School Field Road
- Right onto Churchill Road.
- Cross main road carefully (use pedestrian lights) and straight ahead.
- Final T junction turn right back to Holly Bush.