Tomorrow’s the night when our intrepid runners take to Sutton Park for our moonlight run to the pub. Hoping for a dry evening so nothing spoils our little adventure!
A nighttime run can leave you feeling epic (which bodes well for our trip to the pub afterwards)! Just you and the moonlight and the twinkling stars. I highly recommend that all groups take a moment to enjoy the dark skies and the quiet. A little bit of peace is more than welcome at this time of year.
- Meet SE Fitness HQ 18:30 as usual. Monday runners were talking about parking at The Station and taking a warm up run to HQ for the start. This seems sensible as you could leave a spare top in your car. If not then please remember to carry keys and stuff with you as we will not be returning to HQ after the run.
- There are basically two routes a 4 mile route for Run Plus and RF2 with extra mile optional add on. 3 miles for everyone else. The routes are all on the roads in and around Sutton Park. We will run out of Town Gate so if you don’t want to come to The Station you can return to Wyndley.
- This is not the night for a fast run. Take it steady, stick together with your Leader and enjoy it.
- Everything looks different in the dark. Depth perception in particular is affected and shadows can be very tricky. Be aware of where we know the tarmac on the park roads has been raised such as coming up from Keepers Pool towards the Donkey sanctuary. Be careful!
- Wear a head torch if you have one but don’t worry if you don’t as the Leaders will be wearing one.
Let’s stay safe and have some fun SE Fitness. See you there!