8 Ways to take care whilst running in the heat:
1) Slow your pace; reduce intensity
2) Wear light coloured, loose fitting wicking gear…SE Fitness vests ideal!
3) Wear sunglassess & waterproof sunscreen
4) Hydrate before you exercise….drink little and often through out the day.
5) Bring a drink to sessions – either drink on the run and or after the run
6) Take electrolyte balanced drinks – you are losing minerals as you perspire/sweat!
7) Run in the shade
8) Run early in the morning or late in the evening – avoid the mid day sun!
Your Leader will adapt the route in hot conditions – don’t let the heat stop you keeping fit!
For more advice go to: