Join us for some fun on Friday and Saturday morning as we attempt the Cinder Path route. It’s 10K in total but I have offered Leaders shorter options if you prefer. Leaders are not that familiar so it could be a real adventure! It’s been pretty dry this week so should be a good week to try out this cross country route which includes our favourite path through Banners Gate woods.
If you’re pretty good with maps / written instructions please check it out and help your leader if you can!
Cinder Path Route Description – 10K
- The start is officially same place as the 7 Pools Run but we usually just get started running towards Miller and Carter on the road following our Watership Down route.
- At Miller and Carter across the field with pool on left head towards top right corner. Through trees and immediate left rejoin main path and follow to road just above Longmoor Pool.
- Turn left towards Banners Gate. The official path go through car park and choose the one through the woods that we’ve been using on the perimeter run. Follow that to Cinder Path!
- Turn right up ‘Hill of Doom’ to Jamboree. Go straight across (continuing on Cinder Path) down the steep hill.
- Bottom of steep hill turn left (in bold because we don’t do this with the groups). Follow the track through the woods until you come to path that links with Railway Path and turn right on that.
- Turn right on railway path towards bistro and run onto sawmill road. Turn right and run downhill on road.
- Take right turn immediately as the wood comes to an end. This takes you over a bridge over a small stream. It is before the one we usually use which you can see on your left.
- After bridge steep little bit onto path where you turn left and head to Keepers Pool. Across the dam at Keepers pool then turn left on road then take a right on Hangmans Lane. Go straight over Spider and round the D.
- Finish up Grassy Bank!