Becky and I are discussing Couch to 5K and we have decided not to run a new course in January. Our plan is to defer the next C25K until after the clocks change in Spring.
It is hard to encourage new runners in the dark days and very dark nights of January and it is also more difficult without the track. We thought we could focus on our existing C25K groups and bringing them on rather than starting again.
It is our plan to use the spare leaders to support our existing C25K runners transition to 5K plus but, hopefully, it will also free up leaders to help you transition from 5K plus into Run Fitness. Our 5K plus groups are doing great for numbers at the moment so we’d like to spend the winter term supporting our existing members rather than bringing in new ones.
We haven’t given up on C25K! The new course will start in Spring and the lighter evenings in Sutton Park.
If you have any comments or thoughts about this proposal or, if you are one of the runners who would like to try moving up a group, please let me know.