Half Marathon Training
The miles fly by when you run with your SE Fitness Buddies!
- Saturday 7th September 7 miles
(Informal Q and A beforehand for anyone doing their first half)
- Saturday 14th September 8.5 miles
- Saturday 21st September 10 miles
- Saturday 28th September 11 miles
- Saturday 5th October 12 miles
- Saturday 12th October Taper Week (one hour)
- Saturday 19th October ‘The Windsor Beer Run!’
- All runs start from SE Fitness HQ. Warmup on Wyndley track.
- Runs will take place in Sutton Park and surrounding roads. Mainly on tarmac but also on well-surfaced paths.
- Sign in from 8.45 for 9.00 start.
- Week 1 meet 8.15am for Q and A if this is your first half marathon. Tips on technique, training plans and nutrition from UKA coach.
- Half marathon training is suitable if you can run 10K confidently.
- Our half marathon training this year is geared towardsThe Windsor Beer run. This is the week after Great Birmingham Run so if that’s your focus you will need to add a mile or two each week and taper on 5th October.
- £4 per session or an extra £1 if using your monthly payment.
Other Saturday Groups
C25K, 5to10K and Walk plus groups continue as normal during half marathon training. Run Fitness depends on Leader availability but you can always join us for a shorter version of training!