We would like to try an exciting new route for our 9 mile training run on Saturday through Newhall Valley.
We will meet at the large car park at the Mitchell Centre, Weeford Road. B75 6NA at the usual time of 8:30.
The centre is closed then but the cafe will be open by the time we finish for our post run treats!
We have several leaders running with you including me, Amanda, Andre and Graham but please make a note of the route for your own benefit.
It is an out and back route so we run as far as Eachelhurst Road where we turn and retrace our steps. Clearly if you would like to join us but don’t want to do all 9 miles then just turn back at an earlier point to suit you. All we ask is that you ‘check in’ with the WhatsApp group so that we know who is coming and that all back safely. Text me on 07788 628755 and I’ll add you to the group.
- Turn left out of the Mitchell Centre to the traffic lights (Ashfurlong Surgery)
- Turn right down Tamworth Road then first left onto Bedford Road.
- Run all the way down Bedford Road until you come to the end by Good Hope Hospital.
- Here you need to cross the road carefully, turn right a short way then follow the cycle path sign into Rectory Park.
- Run through the car park and turn right on the cycle path.
- Follow the cycle route past the car showroom and onto Coleshill Road.
- Cross carefully and almost opposite follow cycle path sign into Newhall Valley (2 miles).
- Follow the route ahead (in more or less a straight line) to Wylde Green Road (3 miles).
- Cross carefully and continue to follow cycle path to Penns Lane.
- Cross carefully and continue to follow cycle path through Pype Hayes park to Eachelhurst Road (between 4 and 5 miles). Here turn around and retrace your steps to Mitchell Centre for coffee.
- Pype Hayes park to Penns.
- Penns to Wylde Green Road.
- Newhall back to Coleshill st.
- Past car showroom into Rectory Park.
- Left out of park to Good Hope.
- Along Bedford Road.
- Right on Tamworth Road.
- Left to Mitchell Centre.