Following hard on the heels of our successful ‘Run to Brum’ this Saturday sees us, once again, tackling a longer route.
This week we will be meeting at the Mitchell’s Centre and running 9 miles on an out and back route through the Newhall Valley. The Hungry Horse (at the Mitchell Centre) makes a lovely pitstop for coffee / breakfast afterwards.
A full route description follows but basically we head out of Mitchell Centre, down Bedford Road and pickup the cycle path in Rectory Park. We then follow that all the way to Eachelhurst Road where we turn and retrace our steps. The only place folks went wrong when we did this before was on the way back through Newhall Valley as you near Sutton there is a fork in the path (which you don’t notice on the way out) and you need to take the right fork.
Check into the Saturday WhatsApp Bubbles if you want to come along!
Newhall Valley 9 Mile Route
- Turn left out of Mitchell Centre along Weeford Road to the lights.
- Turn right at the lights onto Tamworth Road.
- Turn left onto Bedford Road and run to the end.
- Turn right on Rectory then almost immediately turn left (cross the road) and enter Rectory Park.
- Cross the car park and join the cycle path on the other side turning right downhill.
- This brings you onto Reddicap trading estate and out onto Coleshill Road.
- Cross at Pedestrian crossing and enter Newhall Valley.
- Follow path ahead to Wylde Green road at Penns Hall.
- Cross the road using pedestrian lights and continue along Newhall Valley to Eachelhurst Road. This is your halfway point turn around and retrace your steps to the Mitchell Centre.
When we did this route previously the only mistake happened on the way back. As you come back through Newhall Valley and nearing Sutton the path makes a fork (you don’t notice on the way out) and you need to take the right fork to bring you out back on Coleshill St opposite the Reddicap Trading Estate.