Fantastic to see so many runners for our January evening groups and want to make sure we keep you all safe.
It’s dark, drivers are returning home possibly tired after a long day and may be distracted by phones or kids. Please don’t assume they will spot you!
- Electric cars don’t make any noise. Please don’t assume you will hear them! Headphones are not permitted when out with an SE Fitness group.
- For general safety our C25K and 5to10K groups should regroup and cross the road together. Even Run Fitness and Run plus should aim to bunch up for road crossings. Runners singly legging it out into the road is dangerous to runners and exasperating to drivers.
- Please use pedestrian lights, zebra crossings and so on wherever possible. I appreciate it’s a pain when you are running in the flow but better disrupt your run and arrive home in one piece.
- Wyndley – for crossing outside Wyndley use either the zebra opposite the baths or the pedestrian lights by the footpath.
- Monmouth Lights – cross over Digby Road which is quieter than Monmouth Drive. To cross Monmouth Drive run down to the start of the grass verge and cross there.
- Clifton Road – on our Schools Route we turn left to run past the Town Hall, please stay on the left hand side and run all the way down (past the old tennis courts) then cross at the zebra near the roundababout. Avoid crossing the road by the Anchorage Road junction.
Evening runners please wear hi viz. We have light weight SE Fitness tabards which are just £5 and will go over your own gear.
Look out for one another and stay safe SE Fitness!