Here’s the route for the first week of our 10K training on Saturday. The run is all on roads within Sutton Park.
Meet in Wyndley for 9.00am as usual. Mark and Mandy will be there to sign you in. I’ll be there on the bike with little John offering directions, encouragement and sweets!
For those of you who like to know where you are going find route description below!
- Start by running past the Visitor Centre and past the pub.
- Bear right and head up the hill towards Hartopp Gate.
- At the gate bear left then left again to run downhill past the Bistro car park and all the way back to where you started!
- Here bear right uphill and just past the Visitor Centre bear right again so you run down the road, past the donkey sanctuary and follow that road all the way up to the Jamboree Memorial.
- Here take a sharp left and left again so you run along the road towards the crossroads at the top of Spider Hill.
- Turn left and run down Spider Hill but at the spidery junction take a sharp right and then right again after the steep little down hill bend.
- Follow that road with very uneven tarmac (Take care keep away from the kerb).
- Just as you emerge from the wood take a very sharp left which brings you down the road back towards the ford at Wyndley Pool.
- Follow the road all the way back to the Visitor Centre for the full 5 mile experience!
See you Saturday.