A reminder that this Saturday 5th March, Run Plus and anyone from Run fitness who wants to come along, are running into Birmingham along the canals.
We meet at our usual time of 8:30am at Chester Road Train Station – I suggest we meet in the car park.
After the run we are heading to The Solomon Cutler on Broad Street for a well-deserved ‘spoons Breakfast’!
If you are coming please indicate on the normal Saturday morning WhatsApp Bubbles.
For route maps please see the link and there is also a description below. I suggest anyone coming along brings the following:
- Spare top (around waist if necessary)
- Mobile phone
- ICE details
- Means of payment.
Anyone who does not want to join us then 5K plus, Run Fitness and Walking groups meeting at Wyndley as normal.
Route Description 7.7 miles
Chester Road Train Station, B73 5JW for usual 8:30am start.
- Exit the station onto Chester Road and turn left in the direction of Birmingham. Run past Pype Hayes park for just over 1 mile.
- At the roundabout (just as the park ends) turn right onto Tyburn Road the B4148.
- Take the first left onto Egerton Road and cross the canal bridge. Once across the bridge turn right onto the canal tow path.
- Follow the canal to Spaghetti Junction at approx. 4.25 miles / 7K. Bear left to continue on the Birmingham and Fazeley canal.
- At approximately 10K or 6 miles you reach a canal junction, turn right and continue to follow canal.
- Follow canal until in Birmingham city centre near Sea Life centre. Here turn left across the bridge and continue to follow the canal as far as Broad Street.
- Climb up and join the road.
Solomon Cutler Pub, Broad St. B1 2DS.