With the return of some old friends and plenty of new faces this week I thought it would be good to remind everyone of our general safety guidelines. For the document in full please check out our website: www.sefitness.com.
- When out with SE Fitness please take responsibility for your own safety, respect others and generally behave in a safe way.
- Please co-operate with your Leader, headphones should not be worn because you won’t be able to hear instructions!
- Before joining us for a walk or run please evaluate whether you feel well enough to participate. If you need medication eg inhaler please carry with you.
- Dress appropriately to the conditions.
- Have your ICE details on you (In Case of Emergency). They could be on your phone or on a tag.
In Sutton Park
- This is a natural environment so please be aware of the changing conditions around you.
- Wear suitable footwear, boots or trainers. Pick your feet up, slow down if necessary and give each other room.
- Advise your leader if you are afraid of animals eg dogs, cows, horses.
In the Dark
- Hi Viz is mandatory for evening walkers and runners. The cheapest option is a £5 tabard which we have in stock in SE Fitness HQ.
- Stay alert, be aware of vehicles reversing, watch out for street hazards such as bins.
- Remain on the pavement unless particularly dark or uneven in which case run facing oncoming traffic.
- Take care at road crossings use Pelican lights or zebra crossings where possible.
Support each other and your Leader. We want you all to have a safe and enjoyable time!