Inspired by our fabulous winners from the Grand Prix it’s time to get your trainers on and make your bid to win the 2018 – 2019 challenge!
The first event for the new season is next Sunday 2nd September at Little Aston 5 mile.
Absolutely everyone can enter and sometimes it more about determination and consistency than being the fastest.
- There are 15 events in total to choose from including 5K, 10K and half marathon but only your best 5 count.
- You enter as many as you like, share your times with me via notice board or message and I work out the points.
- The best SE Fitness time gets 5 points, second 4 points, and so on. Women and men calculated separately.
- Grand Slam events: Birmingham and Palma Half Marathons in Autumn, Time Challenge in Spring and Great Midlands Fun Run. 10 points on Grand Slam events, 9 for second, 8 for third, etc.
- Everyone gets at least 1 point.
- Pick up 5 extra points by running further than ever before. So, for example, if you’ve never raced as far as 10K or half marathon before get 5 extra points the first time you do it. Let me know it’s your furthest ever race when you send in your time.
- Pick up 2 extra points for a Season’s best. There are a few 5K events, several 10K events and two half marathons in the Grand Prix. If you run two of the same distance in a season and the second one is faster then claim 2 extra points with your time for Season’s Best (SB).
- Pick up 2 extra points for a Personal best. On any event if you run it faster than you ever have before eg it’s your fastest ever 10K or your fastest ever Fun Run claim 2 extra points with your time for Personal Best (PB). You can only claim PB or SB on any one race not both!
There are 5 events before Christmas as follows:
- Little Aston 5 mile Road Race 2nd September 2018 (www.rscac.co.uk)
- Boldmere Bullets Charity Race or Lichfield 10K. I will put times for both races together as if it were one race and work out points from there. http://lichfield10k.co.uk/ http://www.ole-jcracesolutions.co.uk/product-p/bb2016.htm
- Great Birmingham Run Half Marathon or Palma Half Marathon 14th October 2018 (www.greatrun.org) https://www.palmademallorcamarathon.com/ Grand Slam Events 10 Points! I will put times for both races together as if it were one race and work out points from there.
- The Seven Pools Run 10K 21st October 2018 Sutton Park http://www.7poolsrun.org.uk/event-registration/
- ParkRun date tbc.
Good Luck Everyone!