Seven top tips for enjoying your exercise even when it’s warm.
- Time your walk or run for the cooler parts of the day – early morning or later in the evening.
- Choose a route that is nice and shady and being near water can also help.
- Wear lightweight, technical clothes. Beginner runners, in particular, tend to wear too much. You’re a runner now so it’s OK to wear vest and shorts!
- Ensure you drink enough water and / or sports drink which also helps replace lost salts.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Wear bug spray.
- Adjust your pace according to the heat or humidity. Slow down a little and enjoy the summer sun!