The last thing we wanted was for our own dear Leader Joy to be the ‘face of falling’! However Joy gave me permission to use the photo on the basis it may prevent further accidents.
We have had a couple of falls in the last week. I suspect the heat and humidity causing tired and heavy legs may be the culprit.
Take it easy SE Fitness, while it’s warm leave the Garmin at home. Run for pleasure, enjoy the long summer nights in Sutton Park and save speedwork for the track or later in the year.
- Run tall and light on your feet. Keep a bouncy style lifting your knees and feet off the ground.
- Give each other room. This is partly so that you can see where you are going, adjust for potential hazards but also so that you can stop in case of emergency.
- Moving from light to shade give your eyes time to adjust, especially if you wear glasses.
- Wear your suntan lotion and a cap if you find it helps.
- Keep hydrated and remember to replace salts lost through sweating.
- Carry your ICE details, inhaler and/or any other medicine you may need with you.
- Spray on the bug spray before you go out.
Stay Safe SE Fitness and Get Well Soon Joy xxx